I think, therefore I am. I am what? If I think hard, does it follow that I am hard? Or just more palpably in existence? At Think Hard I think harder. Simple really. I focus on what you need me to focus on. Probably because you don’t have the time to do so yourself; or perhaps you’ve simply thought too hard, for too long about it. And you’re stuck. There’s no shame in that. Get in touch. We can probably sort it out together.
What shall we think hard about? Business and marketing issues. I’ve done it for over 20 years in big groups, small groups and on my own. And I’ve realised that, despite all the great people I’ve worked with in my career, I prefer to get down and think dirty at the coalface. Not easy when you’re trying to rid yourself of the day-to-day distractions of running a business. So I’ve left all that behind so that I can think hard. All the time. On your behalf maybe. I’ve given a lot of thought to a lot of things in my time. Such as…
– Helping businesses reinvent themselves by changing structures or processes.
– Market positioning.
– Marketing strategy.
– Communications – things like advertising, PR, Direct marketing, design, online. I’ve done them all and have a large network of people I can call on to help me to help you execute your strategy.
– Planning. As in strategic planning. The older I get the more I wonder if my real vocation was to be a planner. The trouble is, when I started out in this business they were few and far between in Scotland. And nobody knew what they did. In fact, they still don’t. But believe me; planning adds value.
– Market research – primary, secondary. You name it.
– Overall business strategy.
– How to pitch better.
– NPD – I’ve helped launch beer, cheese, banks, chicken, games, and service companies in my time, but never a spaceship.
Benefits. It can be quite fun thinking. You spot the odd joke for a start. “Descartes is sitting in a bar, having a drink. The bartender asks him if he would like another. “I think not,” he says, and vanishes”.
My past. I’ve been around. Mostly in advertising agencies, some of which I’ve run (see the problems associated with that above). Working backwards; I was CEO of Citigate SMARTS (PR, advertising, digital and design), MD of 1576 Advertising, Chairman of Whitespace (design and digital), Chairman of Metis (Direct Marketing and Sales Promotion) and a lackey at The Leith Agency and Hall Avertising.
Like I said, I’ve been around. But I was thinking all the time..